Heading somewhere this June? Check out The Planet Traveller’s sale at Paragon basement 1 this weekend! Winter apparels (like Northface jackets) are at up to 30% off, and Crossing luggages are having a buy 1 get 1 free promo!
Wait no longer! Sale ends 15 May 2016! While stocks lasts!
Like us on Facebook or follow our blog for more wonderful deals like this!
Did you buy something at a bargain? Share with us!
Are you a Citibank card holder? Purchase a Chocolate Hazelnut Macchiato or Caramel Macchiato at any Starbucks to enjoy a 1:1 treat when you pay with your Citi Credit Card!
Note that you have to flash the mailer like the one shown above.
The follow terms and conditions were extracted from the mailer for your convenience.
Please refer to the respective merchant for full details. Whole every effort have been made to ensure accuracy, we do not provide a guarantee of information. Always check with the merchants when in doubt.
Like what you see? Follow us on Facebook to receive future updates like this!
Terms and Conditions
• Offer valid at all Starbucks Singapore stores from 28 March to 10 April 2016, while stocks last.
• Applicable only for the 2 stated drinks; available hot, iced or Frappuccino® blended beverage.
• Free drink given will be that of equal or lower price.
• Offer limited to 2 orders per customer.
• Not valid with any other discounts or offers.
• All payments must be made with a Citi Credit Card.
• All offers are not valid with other promotions, discounts, privileges, set menus, special menu, membership privileges, VIP privileges, vouchers and cards, unless otherwise stated.
• All offers are subject to the terms and conditions of the respective merchant.
• Citi is not an agent of the merchants and makes no representation as to the quality of goods and services provided.
• All disputes about quality or performance of the product and/or services should be resolved directly with the merchant.
• Citi and the respective merchant reserve the right to vary the terms and conditions governing the offers.
So we were out and about on a Friday night when we chanced upon the Emporium Shokuhin at the Marina Square’s new wing. Inside Emporium Shokuhin we chance upon grill shop Gyuu+’s 1-for-1 A5 Miyazaki Wagyu buffet for OCBC card members.
We mused on it for a while, before finally relenting. The rest, like they say, is history.
Let’s not waste time and get to the point: we picked one of each meat from the menu – sirloin steak, A5 Wagyu, Karubi, Pork Belly Tare, Pork Shoulder Tare, Belly Thin Slice Shio, Pork Shoulder Shio,Garlic Chicken and scallops. We gave the salmon fillet a miss because weren’t fans of grilled salmon. The non Meat were sweet potatoes and Eringi mushrooms.
Summary of the food? Awesome. Eat bite was tender and juicy, because the fats simply melt in your mouth. The fragrance of the slight char and aroma of the sweet meat immediately fills your mouth. We didn’t really like the sauce, so we mainly went “commando”. The quality of the meat here definitely surpasses most Korean BBQ restaurants in Singapore. We did find the Wagyu a little too salty, and I personally didn’t like the garlic chicken (too much garlic for me). And, so save space for more meat, one may consider skipping the sirloin. Not that it isn’t great, but one steak (even shared by 2) simply fills you up too much.
Our Favourite Dishes?
My personal favourite wasn’t really the meat, but actually the grilled sweet potato. I didn’t know that grilled sweet potato was such a heavenly thing. The fire roasted the skin to a hard, almost crunchy texture while the flesh was soft but not dry. The sweet scent of the potato, paired with the skin, was marvellous (for me, anyways). That said, all the meat were definitely juicy and bursting with flavour. Just remember to order a cup for hot green tea ($2++ per pax, free flow) for yourself because the “juices”… Well, you know what makes a piece of meat taste so damn wonderful, don’t you?
Lastly, before you make your way to the cashier, treat yourself to a scoop of Matcha Green Tea and a scoop Red Bean ice cream (the buffet menu had Matcha and Goma, but they were out of the latter, so they offered red bean an Yuzu as replacements). Combine the red bean and matcha ice creams and you make yourself a pretty decent Green Bean Matcha Red Bean dessert! We have to say that the ice cream wasn’t “icy” and was properly creamy and thick.
Lastly, we would like to give a shout out to the staff, who were wonderfully polite and friendly. Probably one of the best service we’ve head in a long while.
Note that the above promotion (1-for-1 @ $98++) is only for OCBC card holders, and will end 30 April 2016. Check with the restaurant or OCBC for more details.